(Kennewick, WA) -- A gust of wind blew embers from a smoldering fire pit into some nearby trees and started yet another fire outside multiple residences near Volland St and Metaline Ave in Kennewick Saturday. The flames spread from the trees to some nearby vehicles which were damaged before firefighters arrived to contain the blaze. They would like to remind residents to carefully consider when and where they burn things in order to avoid potentially disastrous situations.

There have been several fires started over the last couple weeks—in part due to windy spring conditions. Firefighters suggest you put your hand down and touch your fire pit; if it's still too warm, the fire needs to be watered out and turned over some more.

More From 610 KONA