Year of the Apple Art Contest
WENATCHEE, Wash.- High school students in central Washington have another shot at winning the cash prize this year for the annual Year of the Apple Art Contest.
Students have until May 1, 2021 to submit artwork depicting a Washington grown apple(s). They accept traditional forms of artistic media, though they discourage depicting wormy or diseased fruit, and any slogans or advertising messages.
First place will receive $1,000, 2nd place $500, and 3rd place $250. In addition to cash prizes for students, the top three winner’s art class/teacher will win a $150 Amazon gift card for art supplies. The grand prize winning artwork will be featured on the 2022 Corteva Agriscience poster calendar.
Contest rules and registration forms may be found at www.waef.org/event/yearoftheapple/ or by calling (509) 663-7713.
- Who: Current high school students 9th-12th grade in Adams, Benton, Chelan, Douglas, Franklin, Grant, Kittitas, Okanogan, Walla Walla and Yakima counties.
- What: Year of the Apple Art Contest. The overall grand prize winner is awarded $1,000 cash and the opportunity to see his/her artwork reproduced onto a poster sized calendar.
- Where: Artwork submitted to:
Washington Apple Education Foundation
C/O Art Contest
2900 Euclid Avenue
Wenatchee, WA 98801
- When: Deadline of May 1, 2021
- Why: Recognize the artistic talents of kids in tree fruit communities